Sunday 10 July 2011

Perfect Day

seagulls screeching
toddlers splashing 
waves crashing 


mermaid watching 
jelly fish catching 
sea weed pulling 


 coral stones diving
sea shells picking
crab chasing

a sun-kissed day
sand drenched play
a perfect day




Author's Note:   This fun post is for Poetry Jam (as you can see my muse is frolicking at the beach).  The challenge is think about your favorite summer sport and write a poem about it. It could be ANY sport, at any time of your life.    


Growing up, summer meant swimming and lots of beach days.   I am not good in swimming though because I spent a lot of time collecting shells and mermaid watching.  :-)   



picture credit:     cristania.tumblr.  

16 comments:

  1. A sun kissed day....:) I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really captures summer at the beach. Vet light and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...great way to stretch the prompt....smiles...but i think you got the sport...i so miss the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ultimate ... perfect summer day. Your poem flows just the way that day would ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love being at the beach when I was a little girl.
    I still do and miss it!
    Loved this!
    Wonderfully captured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This washes over me like a wave breaking on the shoreline. I like this poem, and can very much feel myself there.

    I welcome anything in story or prose that gives me a little further glimpse into the mystery that is you.

    Thanks for dropping by today, I've been woefully lacking in my blog visiting of late.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes the beach is a great place to lounge about and spend the day. Ever see any mermaids?..haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I were there now instead of overheating here in the suburbs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Few words, but you capture the essence of all that's going on at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect-sounding day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. An excellent response to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of vivid images, fun times at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a mountain girl - but boy the beach sounds really to me right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I can hear the ocean waves and feel the hot sand between my toes as I read your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh the beach! A fellow Canadian stopped by...smiles ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes. that is perfect.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comments ~ I appreciate them ~