Thursday 8 December 2011

Shoeless

line drawn across
two squares, you in that spot,
me, on this side corner
with potted plant, small table
grey cubicles of busyness
surrounds us
like deserted islands,    
we toil through
serious business,  
walled hills of anonymity
unopened windows
until, you throw a
paper crane my head
laughing, I chase you 

outside

shoeless


unfettered sky





Posted for Flash Fiction Friday - For the G-Man.    Our office is full of cubicles; sometimes I don't even see my office mates until it is break time or time to go home.  Well, such is life....thanks for the visit ~      

picture credit:  here  

18 comments:

  1. mmm black high heels my favorite and why not fling them off and go barefooted into the sunset

    fun 55

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite state of Undress Heaven
    Great imagry!
    Loved your 55 My Friend
    Thanks for playing Barefoot, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throwing off the shackles and running free, nice! Yeah all those cubicles does make it hard too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. def sounds playful...like the inclusion of the crane as well...they are very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the change of pace at the end. Strong finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoeless if a great way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a paper crane to lighten things up... enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't try running in those shoes either!
    My 55 are here

    ReplyDelete
  9. "walled hills of anonymity"

    I liked this line..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the playfulness at the end. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't run very fast. LOL!

    Nice 55!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice..having some fun in the office.. i work in an open plan office..and good luck..no cubicles - just glass offices for the big bosses.. the rest of us can run free and have fun...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Office cubicle fun! Perfect for a Friday frolic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got it! That is the office scenario. You make friends during lunch breaks I suppose!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love "grey cubicles of busyness."

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love how your words move
    through my mind.

    nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, "grey cubicles of busyness" is great...as are my memories of a few office flings. :) You really captured a feeling here, Heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comments ~ I appreciate them ~