Monday 9 April 2018

only red lipstick



when the day's done
              unbox 
                      me,  
              sliding each 
                      teeth
out of margins, 
             i'm redolent
             under 
                      moonlight

oyster sky is 
             your face
swooping down             

swirling snowdrops 
             out of winter's depths

i close my eyes
             as each 
                      hot-peppered kiss
             unzips me 
                      with fingertips
             soft as 
                      tulips



Posted for dVerse Poets - Quadrille, a post of 44 words with the word Zip.  Hosted by De Jackson over at dVerse pub.  Come by at 3pm EST for the fun challenge.  
             

20 comments:

  1. I like the description of the "hot-peppered kiss
    unzips me".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Scarlet/Grace! This is a curvaceous Quadrille, no doubt about that! I love the rhyme in the final lines and 'hot-peppered kiss'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot-peppered kiss unzips me - great line! This is hot stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. **fans self**
    This is S.E.X.Y. That last stanza is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hands soft as tulips is lovely, especially given the connotations of tulip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Grace:

    "out of margins,
    i'm redolent
    under
    moonlight

    oyster sky is
    your face"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and luscious. I love it. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tulip touch is sensational. Gripping and sensual Scarlet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now those are sure some fingertips

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! It's warm in here! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the use of "tulip" as word play...or maybe I should say foreplay....oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Scarlett, I don't give a dang. Turn up the air conditioner

    ReplyDelete
  13. As well as the lust(rous) imagery - 'redolent under moonlight' is great - the layout is great for an unzipped verse. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whew!!! This is really zippy! That hot peppered kiss — oh my!! ❤️😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the same reaction as Lillian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. "i close my eyes
    as each
    hot-peppered kiss
    unzips me"

    Sultry lines, in the best sense of the word! Wonderous erotica in 44 words! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Love the hot peppered kisses, and the oyster sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit and comments ~ I appreciate them ~